• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  A God's Creation

My body, sleek and agile, continues to spiral even as I speak of my old home.  “It was a tropical island off the mainland.  Near Tephra.  I took up residency there in a deep pool below a waterfall in the very center of the island,”  I continue to describe the area, “you had to go deep into the thick jungle to get there. There were huge flocks of parrots and the most colorful flowers.  It was warm and bright… and secluded…” My voice trails as I think of just why I chose that location, “It was a place I could hide the darkest parts of me away from everyone else.”

I don't dwell on my words and twist myself around upright while beginning to inspect the ocean floor around us.  I notice as we continue further from shore, that the reefs become scarce, giving way to rockier outcroppings.  The fauna has changed as well.  Becoming less vibrant and more sinister looking.  Groups of eel and squid lurk within the shadows of the coarse stone.  My pace begins to slow which allows him to catch up.

I continue to examine my surroundings while listening to him speak of the place he wished to visit.  I do not question why he'd seek to visit a place he doesn't even know the location of.  Though different in appearance, we seemed to be on similar paths in our lives.

My attention does shift when he says he's unsure if he can actually go there, physically.  There has never been a place within the ocean I couldn't go, so long as I could make it back to the surface for a breath in reasonable time.  Perhaps his interior isn't as rugged as his exterior portrays.  This makes the creature within me stir at the thought of consuming something so fragile…

Still I managed to keep that part of me in check as I turned my focus once again to the sea floor.  The darkness had become nearly impenetrable, partly due to the sun lowering in the sky as evening came.

In the far distance though, a greenish-blue glow appears.  It is an alien-like light I have never witnessed before.  Looking towards my travel companion with a questioning glance, I inquire, “Do you think that could be it?”  There is only a moment's pause before I propel myself nearer to the glow to investigate further. 

Caution has never been something I exercised…

D
    eiti
    A God's Creation | Carnage X Dynast

@eddie
    *Kelpie Mimicry Traits*
    -Enhanced Beauty, Finned tail(in water only), Sharp Teeth-
    :|: Physical Appearance :|:
    Black rainbow sheen scales, blue snake eyes