• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The PRiNCESS Portrayal

TEALi

Spoiled is how some may refer to my little girl. In her head she is. She has this image of the perfect pretty princess with all the riches stuck in her pretty little noggin. Maybe she was simply on the edge of insanity as she had never really lived that sort of lifestyle but it was who she wanted to be.

I think it is less about the riches and more about being important. She wants to be noticed and she wants to be celebrated. She wants to be told she is beautiful. Maybe she is really just a romantic and these are the high expectations she has set for her future lover. Whatever the case may be she doubted this stag or any for that matter would be capable of giving her all the things she truly wanted.

She chewed over her thoughts for a moment and had to think about the best way to word it without sounding like a spoiled brat but I am not sure that is possible. Her blue orbs locked with his.

"I want to be someones pretty little princess, treated like royalty! I want someone to love me desperately. I want a life in which I can be happy with." The last part was the simplest but they other things were how she believed she would reach her idea of nirvana. 

TEALi 

Image of Innocents

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

I pasue for a moment, my expression pensive. I seem to be thinking, to be attempting to come up with a solution to the puzzle that Teali proposes. I wait just long enough to keep the conversation on edge, but not long enough to drag it into annoyance for Teali.

“A princess?” I finally ask, seemingly musing aloud. “I’m not sure I can do that, but what about companion to the King? I think I could get you that sort of life, and whatever else comes along with it.”

I do not address her mentions of love, but not for the reasons that one might expect. Love is all well and good – I had been raised by parents that loved each other passionately. But
    they each had other loves – my mother: her kingdom and my father: his queen, and both of them were besotted with the thrill of battle. Love had been enough to keep them happy for a little while, but it was not what I wanted.

I’d rather the quiet company of a herd than a fantastic romance. I’ve loved, though never with deep passion, and have found it not to my taste.

“Would that be enough to make you happy?” I ask, and despite the friendly smile on my face, there is something in it that reflects my own longing for such a simplistic sense of happiness.